Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mmmmmm

In Belfast they eat the same time as we do in the United States (breakfast before work/school, lunch around noon, and dinner around 6). However, since everyone I live with is from France, Spain and Italy I eat according to their meal time, which is the same for them all, because we like to cook together. It is more fun. We eat lunch around 2 or 3 (which actually kind of happens naturally anyways because of classes) and then have dinner around 9. I only went out to eat once and the portion sizes were actually the same as at home. I thought they would be a lot smaller. However, one time I got food from a little restaurant in a grocery store and got the chicken strips and chips (French Fries) meal deal. I saw chicken strips that were the same as the ones you get in Frannies and figured that was the chicken strips, but nope, they were four strips the size of my finger.  Hahah.  So maybe at some places the portion sizes are smaller. I never go out to eat though so I do not know. I myself eat a lot though so most portion sizes seem small to me personally, even in the United States. I can out eat a lot of people, especially my friends from Spain and France. So I really hope I do not go to a restaurant and find out that in fact the portion sizes are smaller here and I just got lucky at the pub I ate at. I'll be sad hahaha.  For the next 20 days I am staying with a family in Spain whom I found online. They wanted someone to help them learn English and watch the children. Since it is the Christmas holidays I will be trying a lot of new food from here. I am so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment