Saturday, April 26, 2014

What have been your favorite day trips or weekend getaway locations? Describe what you saw and experienced and explain why it was interesting. 


I have spent these past few days with Ailise, a student from Queens who I become friends with when she studied abroad at Carlow last year, and explored the towns near her. We spent all day Thursday and most of Friday cruising around the coast and checking out the beaches. I must have said “This is so beautiful. I love it!” half a million times. The weather was incredible, which is something rare for Ireland. It made everything that much better – although Ireland is so beautiful that it looks great rain or shine, shine is still preferable though. The water was always so clean. In some areas it was a beautiful blue. That mixed with the bright blue sky and the Irish-green grass made for one heck of a sight! The sheep wandering everywhere made it even better, especially the baby ones J Ohhhh they were so adorable. We had to stop or slow down quite a few times because of sheep in the road. It was a really nice trip. Words and pictures cannot explain it. I am so glad I got to explore Ireland’s beauty before I left. 



That mass across the water is good ol' Scotland 


It is true, the sheep roam free in Ireland :)


No comments:

Post a Comment