Explain the
best way you have found to meet the local people.
The best way to meet local people here is in class, particularly in tutorials. I really don’t know what else to say about this. It is pretty much just like back home. Some classes have people jump into conversations and are easy to start something with. Other classes have a lot of people who don’t speak at all. Needless to say, it’s easiest to meet/make friends in the classes where people speak. I guess you could say people here are a little more reserved and keep to themselves more than back home. However, people are also kinder. So sometimes it might be a little more difficult to get people to talk but it is nothing personal.
What is the most interesting thing you’ve purchased abroad? How are you adjusting to using a different currency and keeping within a budget?
Hmmm….I have not really purchased anything interesting. Probably my tickets to Spain were the most interesting haha ;). Adjusting to using a different currency is easy: you transfer the money from your bank account back home, close your eyes when you have to look at the difference between pounds and dollars, and then just use your bank account as normal. I am horrible at keeping track of how much money I spend. Although, I am good at keeping things really cheap and not spending too much, but it am bad at keeping perfect track of it. I made a budget for how much I can spend every month and I just take that amount out in the beginning and pay for everything with that cash. I try not to use my debit card. Of course, this is not going to work in the future when I have to manage a real, grown-up-person budget, but it works for now.
The best way to meet local people here is in class, particularly in tutorials. I really don’t know what else to say about this. It is pretty much just like back home. Some classes have people jump into conversations and are easy to start something with. Other classes have a lot of people who don’t speak at all. Needless to say, it’s easiest to meet/make friends in the classes where people speak. I guess you could say people here are a little more reserved and keep to themselves more than back home. However, people are also kinder. So sometimes it might be a little more difficult to get people to talk but it is nothing personal.
What is the most interesting thing you’ve purchased abroad? How are you adjusting to using a different currency and keeping within a budget?
Hmmm….I have not really purchased anything interesting. Probably my tickets to Spain were the most interesting haha ;). Adjusting to using a different currency is easy: you transfer the money from your bank account back home, close your eyes when you have to look at the difference between pounds and dollars, and then just use your bank account as normal. I am horrible at keeping track of how much money I spend. Although, I am good at keeping things really cheap and not spending too much, but it am bad at keeping perfect track of it. I made a budget for how much I can spend every month and I just take that amount out in the beginning and pay for everything with that cash. I try not to use my debit card. Of course, this is not going to work in the future when I have to manage a real, grown-up-person budget, but it works for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment